Tuesday, May 24, 2005


Getting Antsy

It is that time again, ‘vous time! I have one of my re-enactments this weekend. I’m stoked. I’m about done repairing stuff from last time, such as Clone’s wagon. It threw a wheel at Macktown. I don’t know whom, if anyone, from my group is going. The last couple of people I spoke with pretty much said they were NOT going. Even my oldest boy backed out of going. He decided he would rather go to a concert. I don’t blame him, at his age I’d rather go to a concert as well. As it stands right now, the only people I know for a fact that are going to be there are my lovely wife Ktreva, Clone and myself.

I’m planning to do some shooting this weekend; I have all the supplies I need. I’m even planning to fire a round or two out of my new blunderbuss. I’ll probably have to fire a round ball out of it instead of shot, but that’s okay. It needs firing.

They are calling for nice weather this weekend. I think I’m going to get wet again, continuing the streak from last season. There is only a slight chance of rain, but if I throw up canvas, I’m pretty much guaranteed it is going to be rained on.

I’m looking forward to this event because at the Blogmeet in Stillman Valley about a month ago. Tammi, Teresa and TNT said they where going to come and pose as a Mortar Maiden for me. I need the models and they sure seemed excited to do it! If any of you decide you want to come out for a visit as well, just head to Fort Atkinson, Wisconsin. We’ll be at the Rock River Park. Just look for the Scots up in the upper camp.