Thursday, March 10, 2005


I must be a Son of a Witch...

... Because look what my momma-sis did to me.

Apparently Eric of Straight White guy started a Meme. And then Bou got tagged by him, so she decided to take it out on me. >sarcasm<Yay!>/sarcasm<>So here I go:

You're stuck inside Fahrenheit 451, which book do you want to be? Honestly, I never read Fahrenheit 451 so I'm a little confused by this question. But if I had to pick a single book to be, I would have to go with Last of the Mohicans. Great piece of historical fiction. I'm a sucker for historical fiction.

Have you ever had a crush on a fictional Character? It doesn't say it has to be from a book, but since the rest of the questions are book related I'm going to assume it does. No I never had a crush on a character from a book, however I had a serious issue with Princess Leia. I'm talking I was the first 8 year old with a restraining order. My parents even started wondering how healthy my obsession was. Every now and then I still try to attach French twist bread to the side of my wife's head and get her to wear the Slave Girl outfit from Jedi... How ever she usually starts to wake up when I start slap stapling the bread to her head.

The last book you bought is? How the Scots Made America I just picked this up a couple of weeks ago. I'm a history buff

The last book you read? I can't remember the name of it right now, but it was on the French influence in Wisconsin and Illinois in the 1600s to 1776. When I find it, I'll update this. Update: The book is The Time of the French in the Heart of North America 1673 to 1818. On a side note, I bought my copy from the author at a seminar my wife and I went to, he even signed it.

What are you currently reading? See above. How the Scots Made America.

Five books I would take to a deserted island. have to limit it to 5 huh... Well better make them good/useful

1) Primitive technology: A Book of Earth Skills Even though I've had wilderness survival training and I like to fancy myself kind of a MacGyver of the woods. I'd like to have a reference guide for help.

2) Jacobite rebellions, 1689 - 1745 (Men at Arms, 118) I love history, especially Scottish history.

3) The Great and Secret Show I love this book, it's great and Clive Barker is a genius.

4) Everville This book is a sequel to "The Great and Secret Show" It goes into more depth on some of the characters.

5) Guards, Guards This book is funny, entertaining and I could read it over and over again and still laugh. I hear the rest of Terry Prachet books are funny as well, but this is the only one I read.


Who are you going to pass this stick to (3 persons) and Why? Son of A... Okay I guess I'm going to have to tag my blog dad-pas since my blog momma-sis nailed me.

Graumagus of Frizzen Sparks. He's been a friend of mine for a long time and I know how he likes to read. It'll be interesting to see if he melts down trying to limit his answers.

Harvey of Bad Example. I don't know a whole lot about him, and you can tell a lot about people from the books they read or don't read.

S of Refractional Darkness. We were roommate after I graduated from college and he's a good friend of mine. However we have completely different tastes on certain things. The cretin hated Guards, Guards.

So there I go, my first tagged Meme. May that be my last.