Monday, April 18, 2005


Cruel and unusual punishment.

Some of you may recall that I've been having a problem with leg cramps. Well I've hit a new level of cramp torture.

Since 3 am Sunday morning, I have had a leg cramp. That’s right, one long leg cramp that has been broken up by bits of tolerability and soreness that comes from over using a muscle. I’ve been drinking water by the gallon. In all seriousness I’ve probably drank close the 4 gallons of water in the last 24 hours. I’ve doubled my vitamin and vitamin supplements I’ve been taking. I am eating healthy, no junk food and I am getting potassium through foods as well. Nothing will make this cramp go away.

I’ve been stretching, used heat and tried massaging it. Nothing is working, nothing! Right now, I’m waiting for the doctor’s office to call me back so I can get in to see him. As I sit here, I can feel the muscles in my right calf and foot just waiting to for me to move so they can tighten up and continue their on going torture.

I do not need this right now; I leave for my re-enactment in 2.5 days. I’ll go with this crippling annoyance and still enjoy myself. I just may just reach a new level of surly and impatience.

Well since I am in pain and misery, I think I will torture a minion today. That might make me feel better.

Update 04/18/05: I was finally able to get through to the doctor. They wanted me to go to the ER for an MRI thinking I might have blood clot. I opted for an appointment. So I o on the 26th. They could have gotten me in earlier, but that would have interfered with my re-enacting and I'm not about to do that! I don't think it's a blood clot. The cramp finally went away about 20 minutes ago (36 hours after it started), now my leg feels like I've over exercised it. The muscle is all sore.