Tuesday, March 15, 2005


Oh, the pain!

Have you ever gotten a really bad leg cramp? I'm talking about the kind that you can't walk off because it effects both the front and back of the lower leg. No matter how you twist or flex you relieve one of the muscles while causing the other muscle to cramp even worse? It then starts spreading to your foot. Your toes start to spread out in different directions like someone is prying them apart?

Well I've started getting these, and it's really starting to piss me off. I exercise 5 days a week, I do all the warm ups and cool downs. I drink close to a gallon of water, regular not flavored, a day. I eat good and take vitamins. I gave up pop and I've pretty much cut my alcohol consumption to social. But I'm still getting these bad boys at least once a week. Other than being overweight, I'm in really good health. Low BP, great heart rate, model cholesterol. But I'm at my wits end over this. It's just starting to piss me off. I need to find a way to avoid these.

When they come on, they last for about 20-30 minutes. I try walking it off as it seems to be the only way to make it go away. If I try to stretch or flex it just makes it worse. Then again walking on it only helps a little.

So if any of you kind people know of a way to prevent these nasty things or how to make them go away faster, I would love to hear how. As I'm tired of dealing with this crap and they seem to be coming on more often.