Thursday, April 21, 2005


Stupid Blogger!

Half of my last post disappeared. So I'll repost it here. I swear it was there yesterday. Anyways here is the second half of the Blunderbuss Story!

I was happy, all was right with the world, my blunderbuss had made it through customs! Then the dark cloud of reality sunk in. It was just delivered to the dealer on 04/20/05. Even if he overnighted it, the earliest it could get here is 04/21/05. That's too late. I'm packing up on the 2oth. There is no way it would get here on time even if he did overnight it.

My joy was quickly replaced with anger and hatred. Anger that I was not going to have my new toy. Hatred for the customs department. Whom are they protecting?! Are mass hordes of terrorists going to storm through the states using primitive Canadian blunderbusses?!?! NO, they are not!

As I walked through work one of my minions saw the thunderhead of anger and pain that was me coming her way. She screamed out and terror and ran to the bathroom for cover. Another minion tried to cower in his cubicle. This brought down upon him a level of wrath he had never experienced before for not working. My minions bore the brunt of the my pain and anguish over the whole incident.

Now I know you are thinking, "Why don't you just wait and pick it up the next day?" Well I can't. I had all deliveries to my house stopped. You have to do it for three days minimum so our deliveries won't resume until Monday. I can't remove the hold because it takes two days to process.

At least I know that I will have it for Fort Koshkonong on Memorial Day weekend.