Thursday, March 03, 2005


Ahhh, parts!

Well I finally purchased the mainspring for my Brown Bess. It should be here with in a week or two they told me. I also was able to get a period 1750's bullet mould, I have to wait 60 to 90 days to get that as it's coming from Europe. I also finally found a proper cleaning and loading kit for a .75 caliber model 2 European Brown Bess. I'm so excited. It only took me 2 years, only 1 of which I was actively looking, of searching for a proper kit for it. I should get it in about 6-8 weeks. YAY!

For those of you that don't know what a Brown Bess is, here is a little more details on them, as well as a picture and drawings of one. Also half way down this page is a picture of me firing my Bess. I've been told this is one of the best photo's of someone firing a musket that a lot of people have seen. And it was done with a cheap disposable camera. Gotta love the luck of my wife taking pictures.