Thursday, April 21, 2005


Getting to know you.

This is it folks, my last post before I leave for the weekend. I should be back by Monday afternoon to regale you all with tales of my weekend. I’m sure you are all tired of hearing how antsy I am over this weekend, so I’m going to let it go.

I spent some time last night going through the archives of some of my favorite bloggers. Focusing mainly on periods before I started reading them. I’m trying to get a better understanding into the mentality of some of you. In doing so, I’ve discovered a couple of things.

First off, I’m a very disturbed individual that really needs to work on my social life. Searching the archives of blogs for entertainment really is somewhat creepy. I feel like some kind of virtual stalker. Rummaging around in your basements and attics looking for hidden mementos that give a clue to the individual. In some cases looking at your underwear… Hey, you all posted it, not me! I’m just happy to look.

Secondly, I really don’t know anything about all of you. I have a glimpse into the mental workings of some of you. Depending on the blog, that glimpse can be different things. It can be about work, politics or children. Sometimes it is a combination of the three. Look at me, I basically blog about my hobby and throw in some family here and there. So while I enjoy reading all of your blogs, I at the same time feel I don’t really know anything about you. I’ve only had this blog for about 4 months, and only two of that has it really been active. For over a year now, I’ve been reading many of your blogs. Grau got me started with his and then I spun out of control. So for some of you after 18 months of reading your blogs, I still feel you are a stranger. Even though I’ve conversed with you via e-mail.

However, going through all the back posts, occasionally I would find a nugget. No, a nugget isn’t a good enough example, a gem. A precious and valuable gem that gave me more insight into who that person is. I found that each of the posts where “off topic” for the theme of the blog the person has. This gave me a better understanding of who that blogger is. So I’ve decided to do this more often. Just start digging through the archives of bloggers I truly enjoy.

If you really follow your traffic and you see hits on some of your older posts, that might be me. Possibly, it will be someone else that does the same after reading this post. If you decide to follow my lead in doing this, be patient. I sifted through a lot of posts, some good, and some bad. It is when you find a post that makes you understand the blogger better, that it’s worth all the work.

See you Monday!