Thursday, April 07, 2005


Tartan day, Revisited.

I would just like to take this time to publicly thank Ith of Absinth and Cookies for putting together the Gathering of the Blogs. I personally enjoyed not only participating in it, but also reading everyone else’s posts regarding Scotland. There where a couple of pranksters out there that will need a thorough pummeling for their posts. They know who they are, so I won’t be mentioning them here. :P

I learned a couple of major issues from participating.

1) Too many people have not tried Glenmorangie Scotch, 18 years. It’s my favorite Scotch on the market. If you get a chance to try it, do so. It’s well worth the money

2) Not enough people are familiar with Steve McDonald. He is a musician that does modern Celtic music about Scotland and Scottish legends/lore. He is one of my favorites. The two CD’s that he has that I highly recommend are Stone of Destiny and Sons of Somerled. If you like Celtic music, I suggest checking both of these out.


For all the Scots, those of Scot’s decent or just a fan of the Scots; it was a pleasure to read all of your posts. If you didn’t get a chance to join this year, keep your eyes open next March and sign up then.