Thursday, May 26, 2005


Holding on

My father had a heart attack yesterday afternoon. He has been hospitalized since. Today they are going to do surgery on him. This is his third heart attack in 5 years. He's had stints and a bypass done already. They think his problem right now is that scar tissue built up around one of the stints effectively clogging the artery. He is doing fine, I spoke with him this morning already. They don't know when the surgery is going to be, they have to get it scheduled in.

My sister is driving in from out of town, my mother is a wreck. My wife is staying home to take care of the boys since my mother is our day care provider (She runs one out of her home). Me? I'm going to work. I have a lot of stuff that needs to be done, plus I'm not a hospital person. I am not going to wait around a place that is so depressing. The only joy I ever had from a hospital was when Clone was born, the rest has been all unpleasant.

So I will go to work today. I will stick by the phone to get any news as it comes. My father thinks I'm the only one being sensible at this point. Then again my father and I have the same thought process on a lot of things.

As for my plans this weekend. It looks like I will be canceling. This will be the first re-enactment I will have missed in 7 seasons. I'm not happy about it, since I really want to go. But I have duties and obligations to my family that come first. Plus it gives Grau a chance to call me a Fair Weather Mountain Man. Especially since the weather this weekend is supposed to be pretty good.

UPDATE: My father is supposed to go in for surgery sometime after 1:00 PM today.