Wednesday, May 25, 2005


Suffering to persevere

I’m a glutton for punishment. I finally got around to starting work on my MuNu site yesterday. I took a class in College that briefly went over HTML and website design. That was over 10 years ago and I haven’t touched a book or taken another class on it since. When I started this blog, I played around with the templates and just kept tinkering until things looked the way I wanted them. I taught myself as I went.

I’m one of those persons that want to do things for themselves. I want to learn how it works so I can do it on my own. With my blog, I want complete control of the design and lay out. I am stubbornly trudging along working on my site trying to make it exactly what I want. I know I could ask for help from many people, but it is a point of pride that I am doing it myself. I’m already noticing some of the changes I made yesterday look EXTREMELY different on IE then they do on Firefox. I will have to fix that the next time I get a chance to sit down and work on it.

I’ve gone over to munuviana to look at the helpful hints section. Sometimes they are helpful, and sometimes they are just more confusing. Especially if you are looking on how to do, one specific issue and you don’t know where to find that information. Yet, I am still refusing to ask for help. I know that if I get someone more experienced to work on it, it will look better. That however relinquishes my satisfaction at what I am doing.

Now before someone goes off and flames me in the comments, I’m not saying there is anything wrong with people doing that. It is just not something I want to do. Some people aren’t as controlling as I am, or don’t want to take the time to do it themselves. I may even have to bite the bullet on two issues I’m having and ask for help. I’m going to give myself another two weeks of tinkering before I do that.
In the meantime, I am going to keep posting over here, but once I get the new site up I’m going to have a grand ol’ grill-out party to celebrate. Just bear with me for a while and things will finally move along. Until then, just think of all the blog fodder this should make