Friday, April 08, 2005


And you thought haggis was nasty!?!?!?!

I've eaten some nasty stuff. I've eaten things that normal humans know better then to put in their mouths. I once ate a pizza that had been left under my dorm room bed for a month. I'll pretty much try to eat any type of food once. However, I've found something that will make me pause and think... no, I really have no desire to try this. Yet, at the same time my curiosity gets to me. If I find a can of it, I may have to try it.

Over at The Sneeze - Half zine, Half blog, Half not good at fractions they had a post regarding Cuitlacoche. They describe it as:

Cuitlacoche is a black fungus that infects corn fields, making the kernels bulbous and swollen as they fill with spores. It also goes by the name Huitlacoche. If you're having trouble with the pronounciation, it's: Cuitlacoche (kweet-lah-KOH-chay) or Huitlacoche (dat-sfuckin-NAS-tee).



Well apparently this guy actually tried some and his description of the whole thing was hilarious. Both my wife and I laughed hard enough that it hurt. I will warn you however, if you have some delicate sensibilities, you may want to stay away from the site. Some of the humor is harsh for some. For me, it's like talking to my friends or any cop I know.

Thanks to I hate my cubicle (Not work safe) for the link!