Wednesday, March 16, 2005


Getting ready for Michigan!

As many of you may recall I'm going to the Kalamazoo Living History Show in Michigan this weekend. I've been mapping out my trip this morning and I've run into a snag, a snafu, a complete Charles Fargo if you will. There is NO way for me to get from my house to Kalamazoo, Michigan with out going through Chicago unless I want to add 4 hours onto my trip.

I don't like driving in Chicago. It is the only thing about Chicago I don't like. But I can see no way of avoiding this hassle on Friday. My blood pressure tends to start rising and my temper flares up. The people in there drive horribly. They all jockey to get one car length ahead of someone else. By them doing this, it slows everyone down because the person they just cut off has to slow down or in a lot of cases, slam on the brakes, to prevent getting hit. I hate driving in Chicago.

To make matters worse, I'm going through Chicago during rush hour on a Friday night. Just the thought of this is making my heart rate increase.

Well there is no way around this. If it wasn't for various legal reasons I would (cue A-Team music) start welding steel plating to my van and a plow to the front. This crash cage would give me greater ramming durability to push my way through the traffic. I could also make a home made flame thrower, and I have enough black powder to make for some interesting "grenades" (End A-Team music). Hence all of that is illegal, thus I shall not be doing that.

Well tonight I start packing. Tomorrow is St. Patties day, I wont be in any condition to pack. I'll be sure to pack my antacid and ibuprofen for the trip.