Saturday, May 14, 2005


Not a typical Saturday

It's Saturday night and I'm home. Why? Because my family has come down the flu or some other illness that makes stomachs act up. Thankfully, I have a genetically freaky immune system so I don't get sick very often. Therefore, I'm watching after Clone while my wife tries to get her stomach to settle down.

We had big plans for today. My wife and I were supposed to go to a surprise party for a friend of ours from work... Yes, I actually have 1-2 friends from work! Don't act so surprised!

Before we went to that I was going to take my wife out on a little date. We were going to go see a movie, in a theater, and then out to dinner. Everything was fine all morning. We readied Clone to go to my parents, stopped by the store to pick up some last minute items we needed. As we headed to my parents to drop Clone off, he decided to redecorate the interior of our van.

*I* do not handle vomit too well, I think I've said that before. The drive back to the house was rather interesting. Me trying to keep from loosing my own stomach contents by driving with my head pretty much out the window. Ktreva was trying to help contain Clone's stomach activities. Once we got home I had to clean out the van while she took care of Clone. I did my best, but curdled milk and partially digest eggs does NOT clean out of upholstery too well. I think I'm going to have to sink some serious cash into having that van detailed.

Shortly after Clone was settled, Ktreva started getting sick. It's made for a long day, and nowhere near as fun as what we had planned. Such is life. To look on the bright side, at least we weren't in Wisconsin when she started getting sick, nor where we half way through a movie.

Both are in bed right now trying to sleep. I think I'm going to entertain myself by playing some video games.