Wednesday, March 16, 2005


uhhhh, WTF?!?!

I was out surfing the net. And I came across this page. Now, I didn't go to this school, however I was just looking at some of the programs they are offering this month. When this jumped out at me:

• Wed, March 23, 3-4:15 pm—How to Raise a Non-Heterosexist Child—workshop with Laurie Puchner and Linda Markowitz; Founders Hall, Room 0111

Now, before I go any further let me state for the record. I have no problems with homosexuals. I don't agree with their beliefs, but it is their choice and not mine. The only problem I have with homosexuals is their need to flaunt it. I don't have hetero-pride parades, and I don't go around with symbols on my car or jewelry or shirts telling everyone I'm a heterosexual. So having some guy is assless chaps tell me he's gay and proud is something I don't need to see nor do I care to know it.

I also was unable to find more into what this class is actually about. I couldn't find any class description. So I have to draw my own conclusions. And I've decided I do have a problem with this.

1) I don't believe child are born a homosexual. I believe it is a choice the individual makes as they get older. When I was 6 I had no interest in girls. It wasn't until later that I discovered that they made me feel good in my special places. I now have a hard time keeping my hands off of my wife. That doesn't mean that when I was in first grade I was gay.

2) If this is a class that teaches how to raise a kid to not hate homosexuals, do you think the parents that really need this class are going to go? And I'm not talking about the people that have issues with homosexuals for religious reasons. I'm talking about the parents that are just plain haters. They hate people for different reasons; race, creed, religion or sexual orientation. These parents or future parents aren't going to take this class.

3) This class is being offered at a State University. MY tax dollars are going towards (either directly or indirectly) to the support of this class and the promotion of something I don't believe in.

Number 3 is what really kicks me in the nuts. I'm pretty sure there are others out there that feel much stronger about this then I do. But I will tell you this, if I was sending my kid to this school, I'd be rather pissed off that I was putting tuition towards this on top of my tax dollars.

I'm just hoping that my first impression is correct and this isn't a class about raising a child to be homosexual. I think that would cause my brain to implode from my blood pressure increasing.