Thursday, March 17, 2005


My wife will hate this post.

I actually got to catch an episode of South Park last night. It was one of the funnier ones I had seen in a while. Probably because it hit on one of my pet peeves. Hippies.

Cartman ran around gathering up the Hippies like some kind of exterminator. I thought this was hilarious as all hell. My wife found my mirth of it less then amusing. Especially the "Hippie Smashing" Dance I was doing when Cartman played Slayer to drive the hippies out of town.

See, my wife is the child of two hippies. She views my dislike of hippies as a dislike of her back ground and some what of her. That's not the case, if my wife was a hippie, I'd probably have nothing to do with her. However I've explained to her, she grew into whom she is despite of having a hippie upbringing, not because she had a hippie upbringing. Trust me, there is no inner-hippie there when it comes to shoes, jewelry and clothing. She also has some very non-hippie beliefs and politics.

Even though my wife was this >< close to being named Starbeam. (just kidding) I love her very much. I guess what I'm trying to say, parenting doesn't always make the child. If it did all the kids that have parents in prison and addicted to drugs should be written off now. I however know of too many cases where a child turned out to be a productive member of society even though their parents where scumbags.

So to close this post, I must use my standard hippie joke from GWAR.

How do you hide money from a Hippie?

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Put it under the soap!