Thursday, March 17, 2005


Vitamins and nutrients

Okay, back in this post I was complaining about leg cramps. Even though I took vitamin supplements everyone said I needed more potassium. So I went back and checked my vitamins to see how much they contained: potassium 3% of daily recommended allowance... What? 3% that's all? I bought vitamins that only had 3% of the daily recommended allowance of potassium.

So I thought I had found my problem. I went to the store to pick up just a potassium supplement. Guess what... EVERY GOD DAMN BOTTLE OF POTASSIUM SUPPLEMENTS I PICKED UP ONLY HAD A MAX OF 3% OF THE DAILY RECOMENDAD ALLOWANCE!!! (deep breath) okay, so I start reading the bottles to see what they have to say, and all of them said not to take more then one potassium vitamin a day with out a doctors orders.

Well, I'm not a doctor... But I like to play one in the tool shed! (bada-bum-bum) Anyways, I'm not a doctor, I did have EMT training and I figure I'm going to take my regular vitamin and a potassium vitamin and see what happens. I had a cramp last night again, but I'm going to give it another day or two before I go to my next phase of taking 32 potassium pills a day on top of my regular vitamins. Either that or consult a doctor.